Will this mobo work with my comp?

Is that the only thing I should worry about?
Is there anything else that i should check compatibility for?

Well Hopefully it works on your cpu, but since you didnt post the specs I figured it did, And You have to make sure it had an agp for your antique card lol

The reason It has to be atx, so the thing will fit where the holes are for the ports that are actually on the board itself

Reason it has to be AGP: Your Graphics Card

Reason It needs to be the Right Socket: It wont fit if theyre different lol And make sure your mobo can support the Certain type of CPU, I am guessing yours is A Sempron 64 Dual Core

nononoononono. I KNOW ABOUT AGP and stuff.
My graphics card is a 6800gt which is NOT ancient (yet)
My cpu is an Athlon xp 2400+ SOCKET A. READ MY POST.
The cpu that I want is an amd64 3500+

Yes. That motherboard will do just about anything. It has 2 IDE channels (Primary and Secondary) which can support up to a maximum of 4 IDE devices. Since you have 2 IDE devices, you can always add two more in the future and add SATA drives in there later on.

That is the first motherboard I"ve seen that supports both AGP and PCI-e so that's pretty neat. It is totally compatible with anything. Except for your Socket A CPU of course.

TRDCorolla said:
Yes. That motherboard will do just about anything. It has 2 IDE channels (Primary and Secondary) which can support up to a maximum of 4 IDE devices. Since you have 2 IDE devices, you can always add two more in the future and add SATA drives in there later on.

That is the first motherboard I"ve seen that supports both AGP and PCI-e so that's pretty neat. It is totally compatible with anything. Except for your Socket A CPU of course.

Thats why I'm getting an AMD64 3500+

Back
Top Bottom