python question

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
is there a way to make python, when i click on the icon of my program, popup in the command program, execute, and then not make the command program disapear? also i know python is real simple but what are some programs that can be made with it

Yea just run it from command prompt in the first place
You computer executes the commands so fast that after it finishes, it closes itself, therefore, at the speed of today's computer, it closes itself almost immediately after it has been executed by the computer

dyserq said:
Yea just run it from command prompt in the first place
You computer executes the commands so fast that after it finishes, it closes itself, therefore, at the speed of today's computer, it closes itself almost immediately after it has been executed by the computer
thanks but is there a way to change some settings so that the window does not close after it executes

Yes, you change the directory that your running command prompt from and then just type in the file name, for example if the file was saved onto your desktop your command line should appear something like

C:\documents and settings\me\desktop>python.exe

The program will still run but it will be confined into ms-dos and will remain open, unlike the windows way of opening, executing and then exiting within the space of a millisecond
Hmm ... for example if you do a simple

PRINT 'testing'

The computer will run and then execute and then close
But if you open it via ms-dos then it will appear in command line but it will remain open ... good luck

Back
Top Bottom