re: preventing changes to wallpaper

thecoolkid

Baseband Member

Ok, My friend is a computer administrator for a small private middle school. He wants to secure the laptops that he gives out to the students. What are some programs, registry entries, etc. that prevent changes to the desktop, registry, etc. My friend needs something cheap that is effective though. If you have any suggestions, please post.

-thecoolkidontheblock

Hmm ... my school uses a Novell client and it is fairly good, still some bugs that can give some people administrator privileges (batch files and all that)
There is also a client which changes all settings which have been changed back to the desired ones which are put in by the system administrators ... i forgot the client though ! Some called ... blue something ... i will check it up sry :(

i dont know if you can stop them changing backgrounds but you can stop access to certain things (in windows xp) by using the group policy editor

gpedit.msc, ive stopped people being able to access control panel etc with it, might have some use elsewhere as well, have a look

You have to create user profile(don't need software ) from your computer. User can not change backgroud except Administrator .
If you don't know create a profile. I will have you later, Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom