About to Order!! Perhaps Final Overview ^_^

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Alright, Ive been looking around for parts for a while now, And I think Ive got a pretty good set up guys, What do you think, Might order the parts pretty soon So help me out on this

The Computer Itself Costs 1,797.17 + Shipping - Mail/Instant Rebates
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/WishShareShow.asp?ID=1667377&WishListTitle=NearlyDone

Then I'll Either get a SAMSUNG 204T-Black 20.1" 16ms LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001194

Or Two SAMSUNG 990DF Black 19" CRT Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001178

^_^ I'm so happy Im almost giddy

I like the way you organized it. Very easy to read and parts are right there so not a whole bunch of links to click.

It looks really good. I'm staying away from your system. It'll smoke mine pretty bad. That Samsung LCD looks pretty good and has an OK repsonse time for an LCD monitor with that high of a contrast ratio. Not to mention costly too, but it's a good monitor. Did you find one with lower response time? Higher timing tends to have the ghosting effect when playing games. 16ms isn't too bad.

I don't think you would need the Artic Silver because the retail CPU already has thermal pads included under the heatsink.

VEry nice. love that organization, like trd said. More people should do that... very nice graphics card too... 4800+... damn...

Err... Thanks, My Organization is what I pride myself on *slowly closes bedroom door* lol

And yeah lol, I like the price I got after the 4800+, I was expecting it to be much higher, I cant wait to overclock this bad boy

Well Ive heard paste is better than pads because it fills in whatever bend there is however small it may be.. Hmm.. Your probably right though, I think Ill get rid of that

About the LCD: Well.. I didnt really see any higher timing, For what I use it I dont think 16ms would be a problem. I think thats the best I found, Im really picky about my LCDs too, 8 out of 10 are junk ^_^; Think I could play Halo, Splinter Cell, Half Life, Or WarCraft on it?

Oh, And Can The Video Card I have have two monitors at the same Time? I know it has two out ports So I would think

Yes, the graphics card can handle 2 DVI supported monitors. That monitor should play your games just fine and imagine the space you save instead of getting that CRT. With most LCD monitors, you can even mount them on the wall to take even more advatange of desk space.

you need the floppy to install XP on a SATA drive unless you go through the hassle of slipstreaming the drivers onto your cd. Great computer - what about adding a raptor for the system drive and maybe a second 250GB SATA drive in RAID for the data (In a dream world... but you current specs are pretty close to a dream anyways)!

It has to be "drive A:". So if your bios will recognize an external drive as "drive A:" than your good to go. However most BIOSs will only recognize a USB floppy as "drive b:". In either case you need a floppy - and internals are cheaper than externals, plus if you're too embarrased to have a floppy in this day and age, pop it in for a second, do the install, then burry it and burn the receipt :)

Back
Top Bottom