Just some new news....

Definition of FARE:

To get along: How are you faring with your project?
To go or happen: How does it fare with you?

Well I can't seem to find an American wesbite, but here's an English site that has it for sale:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/G_Skill.html

The second one down in the list is £200 nearly, and well that's about $360 for 1Gb of RAM :) But check it's latency timings :D They get better the higher you go up the RAM ladder (i.e. PC3200, then PC4000). Amazing RAM for overclocking!

Wow indeed :D Just a shame because I've never overclocked and well it would have been nice to see what they could do compared to say OCZ or Mushkin :)

Yeah, those timings look excellent, but I'd never heard of the make before now...

I guess though, with the price, etc, they only seemed worth going for for people knowing about overclocking, and wanting to do alot of it.

Its still a shame though. Were they a big company?

Well, I've only known about the components and companies of computers about a month, and it took me a week until I heard someone mention them. Then I checked up on them and was extremely tempted to buy one of their 1Gb dual channel kits, but then shopped around for 2Gb sets, and well my OCZ perform at the same timing as the G Skill PC3200 (2-2-2-5), but I've heard that if you overclocked the G Skill well, you could get down to 1.5-2-2-5 which is paradise for overclockers :) I don't think it would make any difference to gaming, windows applications etc, but you could certainly have bragging rights :D

Newegg sold a lot of their products, but not anymore... Just a shame they shut down :(

Back
Top Bottom