AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Last Message

One Last Message.

This thread lasts so long. :D

One last time: Overclocking is for Jackasses, I cannot stress that enough.

It is extremely stupid and unessecary.

This can cause bad things to happen, very bad, some of which include:

1.Fires

2.Power Supply Failures

3.Overheating, this gradually wears down the chip

4.frequent crashes

5.Chassis heat buildup, leading to the failure of other components.

6.Poor performance in normal mode after frequent overclock use.

This is the main reason why I do not agree with everything that AMD does.

I have witnessed all of the above things when friends overclocked their AMD Based Machines (custom built).

DO NOT DO IT!.

Good Lord.

My Apologies for being so unkind, Overclocking issues are really getting on my nerves.

Thank You.

No Comment.

Absolutely true when you try to push hardware to the limit. Life does tend to get short when doing it, but precautions can be made despite of that. Even the most advanced cooling, wear and tear will start to show up in the long run but won't crash anytime soon. There are times technology is pushed to the limit and accepted. Same way with cars too. People find ways to give it more boost or "soup" it up. Technically, you're altering what it was intended to do within a specific environment and life will shorten. But if done correctly, you can help strengthen it and prevent premature failure. In the long run, they will all fail eventually.

And you are both very mistaken...

Overclocking a chip CAN have consequences if not done properly. HOWEVER, if done correctly, there are no adverse side effect whatsoever. Let me explain:

When OCing a processor, you are increasing the amount of electrons moving across a charge plate and silicon resistor in a given period of time, measured in Hertz (Hz). Thusly... this requires the multipliers or data BUS speed (also known as Front Side BUS) to be set higher. Also, voltages need to regulated properly in accordance with silicon resistance levels and dipole arrangement (aka, the core design of the CPU). Now, taking into account that 88% of processors use G54 silicon wafer design (the exception being ARM processors made by Texas Instruments), that design implements a voltage "slosh" level. Basically, when you increase the voltage, the electrons "slosh" in a pit near a charge plate or diode, causing a leak (aka HEAT). HOWEVER, with proper cooling the dissipates the heat quickly and efficiently, then the entropied heat is a void issue at that moment. Now, at a certain point (usually a very high one), voltages can damage the internal silicon diodes and wafer structure of the chips. This is RARE, and requires PURE STUPIDTY when altering the CMOS settings or a massive jolt from the PSU. Overclocking does not blow up CPU, over watting does, which happens when you are stupid and don't know how to build a PC. If Ocing destroys your power supply, then that means you were foolish and didn't buy a large enough PSU in the first place (being that OCing only uses an additional 5-15watts!).

AMD doesn't do OCing! Their chips are manufactured at levels and clock multipliers set properly. If anything, Intel simply raises the multiplier and creates exorbitant amounts of heat with their poorly designed Prescott 31 pipeline long piped icky nasty piece of GARBAGE. So, please do not call OCing stupid and unnessecary without proper evidence. Just because your friends cannot do it properly doesn't mean anything.

Skewd, but anyways, i overclocked my sempron 2600+ from 1.6 to 2.01 ghz and it barely breaks the 40 degree mark with the stock heatsink and fan. I build like 3 P4 3.0Ghz' (775) at my work every day and all i can say is that they run at about 50 degrees not oc'd with stock heatsink and fan with side panels off inside an air conditioned room (cuz they get so fing loud u wanna smash them).. i even take cans of compressed air sometimes and turn it upside down and spray the fan with co2 to shut them up for about 20 secs untill they heat up again.

HAHAHH! That is quite funny. I hate the fact that people think they know what OCing is when their "friends do it". yeah... because their friends are all IT pros right? LMAO.

Good Day

Good Day,

Indeed.

Which is precisely why I said "Jackass"

My friends here that did it do not know what they are doing.

Hence, unstable performance.

However, I do not see a right way to do that anyway.

I still would not recommend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom