New Computers..

argh buttfudge lol
they look awesome though
the dell XPS has some... but they look crap
i want the mean ones in snake shapes and stuff
what sort of specs should i have for a power pc..

Yeah well, i'm sure you could replace lights, etc on those cases.

As for specs for a power PC. Anything thats new really :p

For example, for the video card, most people would choose the 7800GTX (the newest card) and as for the processor, if its for gaming, an AMD 64 of some kind. Though a AMD X2 couldn't go amiss (don't know much about that though).

The sound card would definietly have to be made by creative (No onboard rubbish) like the Audigy series, and the RAM would have to be at least 1GB.

As for the motherboard, one that has PCI-E, and loads of USB 2.0 ports, and features like that.

So, aim high, and you'll probably end up getting top performance :p

cool, have you seen those Philip's pcs?
they look really cool!!
shall i get one of these...
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/images/517528_01_large.jpg
517528_01_large.jpg

apparantly
3.2ghz
200gb
1mb ddr ram
for 650 quid
it just isn't powerful enough
i'm too scared to build my own pc lol
i wouldn't mind, but i haven't got enough time to sit down and build a pc..
i need something i can plug in and use.
exams are comin up so no time to screw about

Hmm, well i bought the parts from:

www.microdirect.co.uk

They came really quickly, but took two days instead of one since I ordered after 5pm.

I got home from college and rushed upstairs hehe with the parts, and I built it in about 2 hours give or take a couple of mins.

I got it up though the next day as a brainwave came to me that I had to connect the ATX 12V supply to the motherboard too... anyhow, it works perfectly fine.

I'd learn you know. Look on websites for guides, or if you have a mate that can build, you can buy the parts, your mate builds it, and you can see how he/she does it :)

if you do get a dell google somethin like dell coupon codes or somethin like that. U can save alot of money like that. As for dells get what u want now cause upgrading costs a ton.

ChuNalt787 said:
if you do get a dell google somethin like dell coupon codes or somethin like that. U can save alot of money like that. As for dells get what u want now cause upgrading costs a ton.

Ick, Dell desktops... ick... their laptops are decent though despite their Intel use. I would strongly recommend ACER for notebooks though, and recommend boutique companies such as Alienware, VooDoo, CyberPower, iBuyPower, Cyclone, and FalconNW for Desktops depending on your budget.

cool!!
i know the basic layout of a computer..
the most experience i've had is replacing memory and installing a cd rewriter... lol kinda pathetic.
i just had a skim over that microdirect site..
and is true that you can have 2 hard drives in a computer... if thats true.. theoretically i can have a 800GB hard drive :|
which'll cost alot
but is it relatively easy building a computer..?
and would i have to get all the software and bootdisks and stuff

No it's not pathetic. You have experience already without realizing your potential on a new build completely from scratch.

It is very easy to build a computer. Everyone here in this forum knows how to build one (at least the more experienced members). When you buy retail parts, it comes with all the software, drivers, installtion disk, etc...

Just buying the motherboard itself gives you 75% of the software you need which is included in the package. We've had members in the past that never built PCs before build their own for the very first time. So that is something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom