Expired trial software will not reinstall..please help

glasseye

Baseband Member
Hi, I've got a really urgent problem with some Adobe software I hope someone out there can help me with ASAP!..

After correcting the date on my computer, I nullifed the 30-day trial of Premiere Pro 1.5 Tryout, and I really need to use it for a couple of days (I'm right in the middle of something) but when I reinstall the program, it now immediately says "Trial Expired". Apparently this is some 'watermark' that lives somewhere on your computer and doesn't get removed in the uninstall process. Any ideas how I could get rid of that watermark or somehow reinstall this trial once more??
Thanks a lot,
Luke

sorry,

even though you are still legitimatly inside of your trial period, no-one here should help you with this problem, as anything said, could apply to illegally unlocking a trial version for permemnant use after the fair trial period.

-sorry.

Great

Great.. I understand completely where you're coming from. I just would have hoped that the FIRST priority of a place like this is to help people, and I wish I could express the need I am in now. I intend to buy the software, just like I have with Photoshop CS and Audition, but I am half way through this test project which I really need to finish. I actually wanted to use the trial before buying it (which I would normally have done) because I have an AMD X2 processor which I heard has issues with Premiere (and it does)

The bottom line is, pretty much any of the knowledge and skills shared on this website could be adapted for bad intent, all sorts of configuration/settings/hardwaring/ threads all potentially give you the power to use your computer skills for a bad purpose or with malice, but I hope that for the sake of an effective community of help and assistance, people like me aren't labelled in with the few perpetrators do you know what I mean?

well if u want that to be removed from your system completly? well i would say is redo your computer maybe a fresh restall of Windows.

Mmm.. I can't really do that, I've got all my data from my old computer on this new one, I can't back it all up (hundreds of gigs) I also don't think I have time. I'm just trying to use my old copy of Avid now to get back to where I was in this premiere project, but I'd put in a lot of time and the couple whose wedding it was want to watch it with their friends and family soon

I was just looking at how long that would take, and it'd probably be a couple of days of work getting all the drivers on again and re-configuring all the sensitive components of this computer and getting back all the media..

Does that not infringe any data code of conduct rights, for Adobe to STORE an observation file of theirs permanently on my computer??

glasseye said:
I was just looking at how long that would take, and it'd probably be a couple of days of work getting all the drivers on again and re-configuring all the sensitive components of this computer and getting back all the media..

Does that not infringe any data code of conduct rights, for Adobe to STORE an observation file of theirs permanently on my computer??
i heard that programs like this may leave a registery value that says they cannot reinstall my i suggest using this website ask them about it http://64.233.161.99 they usually have the right answers

It's because that the registry that says that your trial period is expired will remain there. I will NEVER tell you how to remove it b/c it's illegit

Aw lhuser, you're a gem! What a mine of invaluable information. Why don't you go and make a forum for yourself where you can rant about how much you know and how little you're going to share. Meanwhile the rest of us will just figure it all out and share the knowledge as a community. I'm not a software pirate. I've given Adobe hundreds of pounds of my money, but I haven't gotten the full 30 days out this trial and I deserve it and won't surrender it to a bad bit of code that messes up when I correct my calendar. Anyway, thanks for killing my thread.

You've given adobe hundreds of pounds of money because you paid for something ! You know you did so just get over it, i don't like your attitude, you may note that you are in a dire and desperate situation but your not going to get anywhere if you have that hostile attitude, as for your question, yes they keep it in the registry keys, you won't necessarily look through everyone and you probably won't even know which one belongs to which, your best best is to format ... or just create a seperate partition (NTFS if your using Windows) and then load all your data and then install a fresh edition of Windows XP and then just move all the data you saved
I myself don't like people at you where you want something and you expect it from all of us, it doesn't work that way in the world, there are rules and regulations, as for that little bit about how you ain't a software pirate and your using it because you deserve it, i highly doubt that, your attitude reveals it all, everything doesn't revolve or work around you, your just part of a regulated community just like the rest of us ... deal with it ... sorry to be so unwelcoming but its true and i'm already ticked off about other stuff happening here already !

Back
Top Bottom