US tax rates

David Lindon

Golden Master
What are the us tax rates? Over here we pay 10 , 20 and 40% depending on income, how does that compare to the us?

Each state impose different tax laws which affects state tax rates as well as a standard Federal tax being imposed on us depending on how much we make and how many people we claim.

In California, we're paying 8% I believe on everything while my dad in Utah pays 6.25%.

17.5 % value added tax we have to pay in the UK!!!!!!! Where as you yanks only have 4% or somthing stupid.

TRDCorolla said:
Each state impose different tax laws which affects state tax rates as well as a standard Federal tax being imposed on us depending on how much we make and how many people we claim.

In California, we're paying 8% I believe on everything while my dad in Utah pays 6.25%.
IS that income tax or sales tax?

The 8% is sales tax on most items purchased. Then there's all the other tax we pay out according to our pay stubs from earned income (federal tax, state tax, FICA, etc.).

lol yanks is a simple british word used to laff at you, no offense

as for you tax on sales that annoys me when i go over there

say we buy some fuel and some food etc go to the counter and pay and it should be say $25 so we get out the money to pay $25 but wait no they havnt included tax

where as in the UK we can buy things and sort out if we can afford it fine safe in the knowledge were paying the price we see with tax INCLUDED

due to our federalist system we pay sales tax to the state, income tax to the fed gov, and property tax to the city i think. Not sure where the property goes tho. Here in texas we pay 8 percent for sales but i think 7 percent is a decent number a general assumption. As for income its around one third of your income. Different people get deductions meaning for example poor people will pay less and people with kids will pay less. We also get deductions for giving to charity. As with the property im not sure the value but whichever gov it is asseses the house and then u pay on that. Everyone is always fighting them though cause they try to asses it high.

Back
Top Bottom