Cant decide

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
ok you guys are probably getting annoyed with me asking more and more questions about what parts to buy, but this should be one of the lasts.
Ok after I pay my mom back for the 7800GT I will have $25 Then hopefully I will get another $300 from my old computer. The rest of the parts I need to buy will be like $375.

I cant decide though if I should just buy the Athlon 64 3500+ and all the other parts(case, dvd-rom drive, memory) and have it very soon or wait untill october and buy a Athlon 64 x2 3800+. Basically im wondering will I see that much of a difference between the two processors?

If I bought the 3500+ when october comes i would be able to upgrade my memory to 2 gigs which I know im gonna need for some of the newer games. If I bought the x2 3800+ then I would have to wait untill november to get more memory

EDIT: Hmmm I could get a 3700+?

ANOTHER EDIT: Ok this was a wasted thread I made up my mind Im gonna go with the Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego, I will have to spend a little more but I think its worth it... Dont want to spend the extra on the x2

no wait, dont buy nothing, save more money, then buy the 3800++, then you may have enough of extra to go for a water cooliung, then OC your 3800+ to a 4000+, thats what id do, save at least 100pound.

Good Luck

WAIT! Seriously, get the 3800 X2! I mean you say that you cannot buy 2Gb of RAM until november, and well there is only really one game out there that uses 2Gb of RAM, and that's Battlefield 2. Now if you get a 3800 X2, I hear it is the best bang-for-buck X2 out there because it can overclock to 2.95GHz on air cooling!

Also, games will be starting to use dual core technology in the future (games like FEAR which come out next month), and well the dual core processor will suit you better now than 2Gb of RAM will.

well the problem with the 3800 x2 is that it cost $375 alone. So when I buy all the stuff that would put me up to $453 which is a hundred dollars more then I have. Unless my mom would lend me that hundred dollars which I doubt she would. I will ask her though, if she does then I will buy the 3800

I wish I had a mom like yours. My mom would never lend me that kind of money to buy computer parts. Now I earn everything on my own. If the X2 cost too much, you can always step down to the Athlon 64's. The San Diego I believe are good processors.

You should create a sig of what parts you future PC will consist of. I wish eveyone had a sig showing their PC specs so we can all compare and see different kind of configurations.

Haha, well I can't really compare with you guys about getting money from my parents.... They gave me £450 (rouhgly $810) to help to finish of my PC. It was a farewell present really because I'm going to Uni in like a weeks time :) Haha I couldn't have finished it without my parents :D

As regards getting the money, try your hardest and get what you can from your mum :) If you can't get the 3800, just get a San Diego and that'll be fine for say two years. Then you uprgrade to the new quad cores coming out end of next year!

Back
Top Bottom