AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
neochivers said:
for the same money you can get a higher clock speed intel .. if this answeres your quiestion

more like if you want to spend alot of money for poor performance and high temps then i would agree with you, AMD's are cheaper and better.

i read benchmark where the put 2 comps against eachother. 1 was an AMD fx64 51 socket 939 and the other was an Intel P4 3.2 HT extreme edition. both had the same amount of ram and as close board as the could get and guess which Processor won.

HINT: AMD fx51 bya decent amount but AMD 64 fx 51 is only about $899.99 and a P4 3.2 w/ Extreme Edition is about $1,400.00

(all CAN dollars)

im not sure which i would go with but im thinkin AMD Baby

ok how much do you pay for a amd 64bit 3.6ghz processor? oh wait they dont make 1

neochivers said:
ok how much do you pay for a amd 64bit 3.6ghz processor? oh wait they dont make 1

Oh wait, Cuz AMD's can do process double the information at the same time.. even an Athlon Xp with a 32 bit OS

EX. AMD 64 3200+ runs at 2.0Ghz and can process 2 things At the 2.0
ghz

P4 3.2 can only process 1 thing at the 3.2 Ghz

Look At This Benchmark

p4 extreme editon with ht technogoly em64t that is 8 simtanious programs runnung which require lots of power with out lag

neochivers said:
p4 extreme editon with ht technogoly em64t that is 8 simtanious programs runnung which require lots of power with out lag

Um, no it isn't. The P4 EE 840 is a dual core CPU with HT, meaning two physical cores with two additional VIRTUAL CORES, thusly, that means, that it can run 4 threads at once in theory, but because virtual cores have a binary rate limitation, you say they run half threads, meaning, TECHNICALLY, the 840EE Dual Core P4 with HT runs 3 threads simaltaneously. If you are refering to a single core EE P4 with HT, that is 1.5 threads per cyclic unit, thusly, 3 threads per every TWO cyclics.

neochivers said:
most apps are 32-bit these cores run at 64 mean 2x as much can be fitted in

But that isn't threads, that is it extension lengths. They are very different. Let me explain:

A thread is a collection of code equivalent to a length of code. That length of code varies, but one thing holds true. A thread MUST USE at LEAST one register on the processor core to be considered a thread. Therefore, when a thread is run, it uses X number of registers.

Bit length memory extensions are based on subsets. These are in the realm of the L1 Cache many people talk about. When you look at an Opteron for example, it runs both 32bit extensions and 64bit extensions (that is its native memory extension btw). That means that the processor processes twice the bit length extension per every crest or trough of a cyclic.

EXAMPLE;

TOP of wave= 16bits
BOTTOM of wave= 16bits

TOTAL Cyclic (also known as ONE HERTZ [Hz])= 32bits

64bit mode is a bit different

TOP of Cyclic= 32bits
Bottom of Cyclic= 32 bits

TOTAL CYCLIC= 64bits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom