please help me, i beg you lol

fleeto

Beta member
i went over to a friend of the familys house to get there ipod working

it said to install the disc before connecting the ipod

anyway i installed the disc and then restarted the pc

however when the pc boots up it says something along the lines of..............

Sorry for any inconvienience but windows failed to start. This could be caused by hardware or software that has recently been installed.

it then goes on about what opton to use

the options it gives are

"safe Mode"

"Safe mode with Networking"

Safe mode with ........???"

Start windows from last good known point"

Start windows normally"

no matter what one i select it restarts and then shows the pentium logo then shows the windows xp logo and then goes blank and then goes back to the options screen again

how can i get the pc to start agian :(

will a recovery disc do the job? and how do i do this :(

many thanks in advance i hope you can help me

lol yeh i agree, i like my cheapo mp3 player just plug it in and your away none of this ipod crappy software

any ideas how i can get this guys pc back working with out losing everything he has on there?

Hmm, thats very weird, and even ipod being an ipod shouldn't of done that. The software that I know of isn't buggy, and so shouldn't of caused any problems.

The only thing I can think of is there was a conflict somewhere, with another driver already installed needed to run windows. Thats the only reason that would come up... so I don't understand that.

By any chance is the ipod connected to the comptuer when it doesn't work? Just to see if it isn't something simple like that for some strange reason?

I don't really know how a recovery disc would work with this, as to my knowledge, it loads what was on the computer when you first got it, and so resets windows, with all software too.

If you mean a recovery of windows as in with the real Windows disc, I have no idea how that works i'm afraid.

It is possible a conflict has occured though, and it has either modified or deleted something needed to run the PC. In this case, it's a shame no error message comes up, as you could just replace the file.

Any way of putting the windows disc in and it doing a scan of what files right and whats not? Anyone know? :)

im burning a windows recovery disc of now as we speak, im hopeing this will work when i try tomorrow

thing is the pc wouldnt even confirm that its found the ipod, on my pc when i put a data stick or my mp3 in it recognises it but it didnt on his one

i was hopeing that maybe the recovery disk will just fix the corrupt file? or will it wipe absolutly everything off to factory standard? is there an option ?

I am afraid I don't know how it works.

It is possible there may be a recovery option which might just search for corrupted files. If not though, then, yes, it is possible that the whole computer could be wiped...

I'd be very careful :p Its bad enough if its your own pc, but someone elses...

How are you burning the recovery disc though?

i m using the HP pc recovery disc creator

oh bugger does it matter thats its not a hp pc lol its an advent

It might do yes. Usually to recover, HP have a second partition on the hard drive with recovery material to recover to the previous state, and the disc acts like a bootdisc for that to happen and starts the copying process, removing all the previous data. Thats how i've heard it works.

Its possible in that case, that no, it won't work...

The best advice I can give, is to get hold of the Windows XP cd and trying to do a recover using that, which might replace the file corrupted, and there is a way of doing it, but i'm afraid i'm not the guy for the job.

I know one thing though... that IPOD isn't going to get installed again, is it :p

As long you recover a HP comp with your HP recovery Cd, you're good. A clone PC (Which means custom made) won't work b/c the hardware is not the same

Back
Top Bottom