Media Center / Need mobo

Reknaw133

Baseband Member
Case: Thermaltake Soprano, Silver no window (£43)
PSU: Tagan TG480-U01 480W ATX2.0 SLi (£58
Mobo: Not sure yet
CPU Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz (£123)
RAM GeIL 1GB DDR2 PC5300 VALUE (£82)
Video Card HIS Excalibur ATI 9250 256MB (£35)
Monitor Samsung 28” PUREFLAT TV, 16:9 (£191)
Speakers nTech 50W 5.1 Surround Speaker System (£30)
Extras Water Cooling (£89)

Okay that's the MAIN bone of the PC, I'll pick out a Hard Disk, etc only thing is a motherboard! for about £50ish?

All will can be found on www.overclockers.co.uk

I've had a look on overclockers (I love that site :)) and well your best bet would be:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Gigabyte_Socket_LGA775.html

Second one down in the list. But it's not the best motherboard around, and it's £20 about your price range. One thing I am really curious about iswhy are you getting water cooling? I mean your graphics card shouts out to me that you are not a heavy gamer, which in turn shouts out to me that you won't be overclocking to the limit, and so why are you buying water cooling? I would save that money and invest on a decent motherboard.

I may be wrong though, you may need more out your system for multi-tasking work etc but surely if you need a good work PC, then why are you getting a surround speaker system, and why are you getting a 28" screen?

Slightly confused at your setup, som it says to me you want a working comp, and some says your into videos and gaming. Could you tell me what the computer will be mainly used for?

Opps sorry I forgot.

My PC is a media center for watching movies on and recording TV, etc

WATER COOLER? ** Now I can sleep better, no sound and video encoding heats you CPU like mad.

Money seems tight, I might go for cheaper 512 RAM.

[edit] ugh that mobo? first it's PCIe, second it's mATX.

Sorry about the motherboard, I didn't even read the specs :) Apologies about that, but I never said that video and sound make your comp heat up a lot?? Not to sure what this means:

WATER COOLER? ** Now I can sleep better, no sound and video encoding heats you CPU like mad.

But yeah, the system looks good for what you need it for, and the RAM could go down to 512Mb, just make sure you get good RAM, not value RAM :)

btw, you know microsoft dont sell media centre editon XP to the public?

well ok i emailed them and they said they dont, but must have changed since then

Back
Top Bottom