video files

gbm03

Beta member
I need help. Im proficient with a pc but not an expert. I mainly use them to record, play, download, videos and music. My problem is that when I am trying to watch different videos from over the net they come in different file types. avi. wmv. mov. mpeg. etc. I got winamp to rip all my muxic into mp3 format, but i don;t know of any software that will rip all types of videos into one standard file type like mpeg. I could get a bunch of different media players to watch them but I don't want the added confusion. Can anyone help me out.

thanks

Jack the ripper said:
windows movie maker helps just when you save it go to all files then tye the extension
Windows Media Player does most,not too good but if thats what you wanted.Divx avi is another thing.
:)

Jack the ripper said:
windows movie maker helps just when you save it go to all files then tye the extension
Movie Maker will only save them in .wmv which personally I hate.

Dr. Divx is expensive though; don't remmember how much - about £40 I think. I won't say how I got it ;)

I like the Divx Formats though; and with Dr. Divx there isn't all that crappy advertising which is on the Divx Player.

gbm03 said:
I need help. Im proficient with a pc but not an expert. I mainly use them to record, play, download, videos and music. My problem is that when I am trying to watch different videos from over the net they come in different file types. avi. wmv. mov. mpeg. etc. I got winamp to rip all my muxic into mp3 format, but i don;t know of any software that will rip all types of videos into one standard file type like mpeg. I could get a bunch of different media players to watch them but I don't want the added confusion. Can anyone help me out.

thanks
Please explain "rip" Do you mean convert ?
Windows Media plays all video,why worry about makeing them all mpg for instance ?
Yes it can be done but a hell of a lot of work.
:D

bluto said:
Please explain "rip" Do you mean convert ?
Windows Media plays all video,why worry about makeing them all mpg for instance ?
Yes it can be done but a hell of a lot of work.

Windows Media Player doesn't play RealMedia .rm files or without the Player installed does it play Divx Videos.

Personally I'm happy having 3 Players.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Windows Media Player doesn't play RealMedia .rm files or without the Player installed does it play Divx Videos.

Personally I'm happy having 3 Players.
Me too and the point i also wanted to make.
Like use Powerdvd for movies.Winamp for mp3's. etc.
I know how to make mov into avi.emailable.

Yeah - I use the same sort of thing; Windows Media Player for everything that will work on it, MusicMatch for Audio, Divx Player for Divxs, RealPlayer for Realmedia just incase, and Quicktime for Internet Stuff and .mov. Works for me.

Locked out as well

I recently locked myself out of my di-624 router......trying to have some form of security with my mediaserver, it would not pick up my wireless network so I decided to go back to WEP from the MAC address, so the first address I delete, being careless and frustrated, is the one to my computer and as the above post said resetting does not help, it is kind of funny however......guess I will be taking it back.

Back
Top Bottom