Psp ?

neochivers said:
can u buy blank umds and burn data on them?

Nope. The UMD is a completely new format and only available from Sony. You can't buy blanks or a burner because that would lead to the thing that Sony would definately hate. Do you know what that is? PIRACY! If they came out with UMD blanks and burners, there wouldn't be any need to use the Memory Stick Duo PRO's and already illegally emulated games because you can just burn it to the 1.8gb of glory that the UMD is capable of. :)

In short, no.

ARggghhHH!!! Why does everyone have the mentality that a copied game/movie/album is automatically illegal?! If you own an original, it is perfectly legal to make copies of it for yourself.

spank_fusion said:
ARggghhHH!!! Why does everyone have the mentality that a copied game/movie/album is automatically illegal?! If you own an original, it is perfectly legal to make copies of it for yourself.

Let's just say that 99.9% of the ppl burning movies/games/albums haven't brought the original from the store. And if they have I highly doubt that the burned version will be for their own use.

spank_fusion said:

It is legal to make a backup copy for yourself while RETAINING the original yourself. But, people don't do that, instead they make copies for their friends and crack them, or they just burn it and return it so that they get money back. People these days aren't like that. When people see a great way not to spend money (especially a way that's not hard), they'll do it.

weel for you info i was gona put my who music colection on them wich defently isnt illegal

Oh, well you can't do that. Your only option is the Memory Stick Duo PRO, which is pretty fast when it comes to loading things. Solid state storage is faster than any optical or hard drives every.

Plus, you can buy 1gb sticks which are almost as big in terms of space as a UMD disc anyway, so you might as well use them.
Though I guess the problem is, they are rather expensive to buy.

I like the PSP though. It seems so technological when your holding it in your hands. Like you have something that can do alot.

If the DUO sticks didn't cost as much, it would be useful for alot of things.
For instance, the new emulator support which i've seen has been added. Thats rather good :D

Yeah, Duo PROs cost a fortune...especially if you invest in the 4gb ones.

Back
Top Bottom