norton anti-virus always screwing up on me

ardy89 said:
How about Norton Internet security, thats the firewall i use!!! Seems to be pretty decent, wot do others think??

Well as u said it's decent, but in my opinion zone alarm is better and it's free.

From personal experience NAV does a relatively poor job at detecting most threats. I have switched to TrendMicro PC-Cillin which does a much better job, yet still not perfect.

It does detect them quite well. It just can't delete them. And then sometimes it asks u to download some programs from symantec website. Said that in order to remove this threat download this program from the symantec website. Well I downloaded it, and gues what nothing found. And yet the threat was still there.

So it detects then quite well, just can't do a thing to them once it finds them. There are way better anti-virus programs out there...

daemon said:
It does detect them quite well. It just can't delete them. And then sometimes it asks u to download some programs from symantec website. Said that in order to remove this threat download this program from the symantec website. Well I downloaded it, and gues what nothing found. And yet the threat was still there.

So it detects then quite well, just can't do a thing to them once it finds them. There are way better anti-virus programs out there...

Yes AVG Free

daemon said:

I've been an IT-Tech for 8 years now.. One of the biggest things we run into is the everyday "I think I have a virus" customer. Most of our customers bring in their PC with NAV on it...up to date. 99.9% of the time after running the machine through our initial scans we always find numerous virii that Norton did not detect. I just don't trust it...

ohh, well u seem to have a little more experience about norton than I do.

The reason many ppl get norton might be that it's from a well known company. It also the anti-virus of the year a few years back, so most ppl prolly think it's still the best.

daemon said:
ohh, well u seem to have a little more experience about norton than I do.

The reason many ppl get norton might be that it's from a well known company. It also the anti-virus of the year a few years back, so most ppl prolly think it's still the best.

Definately agreed.

soltech said:
Definately agreed.

i also agree with that and norton is very expensive too, a lot of people have norton so there are a lot of viruises specifically to disable norton, i have had to reinstall my norton many times and half the time it still f***ked up, but with my avg free i haven't had any problems yet

Back
Top Bottom