Bio Processor?

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
ok i was talking to my friend just now and he says that scientists are working on controlling atoms and using them to make a processor. these processors will esentially be alive. ... so i was wondering if anyone else has heard this or knows anything about it. that would be awesome if it was true...*sigh*

Kind of freaky... I don't know if it's really smart to start making computers that can think. Not coz they could start a rebellion, because if they can think then we can't OC coz it might hurt. :D

But IMO they should be working more on like cars that run with electricity than with bio processors.

On one side of the arguement: Cells themselves dont think. We think because a mass of cells formed a brain by use of dna. If we :manmade" sells we couldnt make them think.

And if you think about it, We are machines. So its only natural that eventually we figure out how to make things using the same concept.

And on the reverse side of the arguement: It wouldnt be feesable to create things that are alive because 1: they eventually die, and 2: then we would have true unknown variables. This would cause trouble for programmers.

Paradox said:
On one side of the arguement: Cells themselves dont think. We think because a mass of cells formed a brain by use of dna. If we :manmade" sells we couldnt make them think.

And if you think about it, We are machines. So its only natural that eventually we figure out how to make things using the same concept.

And on the reverse side of the arguement: It wouldnt be feesable to create things that are alive because 1: they eventually die, and 2: then we would have true unknown variables. This would cause trouble for programmers.

U are right about cells not thinking, but there is animals made from just one cell, ofcourse u need a huge microscope to see them. They might not think, but they do spread their kind to anywhere possible.

Reminds of TV episodes like The Outer Limits. I think nanotechnology would have to be involved for the miniaturization process.

daemon said:
They might not think, but they do spread their kind to anywhere possible.

by saying that you make it sound as if computers would reproduce, i can just see those future dual core amd 2048's running about the streets (purely hypothetical)

mad.

on a serious note though we don't yet know if a processor based upon such technology would work well and reliably, so lets just sit back and see what 'they' do

semtex said:
by saying that you make it sound as if computers would reproduce, i can just see those future dual core amd 2048's running about the streets (purely hypothetical)

Lol, I was talking about the animals with one cell, not processors. That sentence was just to point out that animals with only one cell don't just sit around and do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom