FX55 or Dual core 4600???

I think they have plans to develop a Memory and Voltage controller to be integrated into the CPU just like AMD CPUs, but better (Voltage control).

MAny people seem to forget that there are many, many different types of plastic, some extremely conductive, some not at all. Look at a plastic baggy, now compare that to Lexan, which has 500x the tensil strength, both are types of plastic.

thanks all for your relpies, plastic memory?? WTF?? how does that work?
i think ill get an FX55 i already have my mind set on a crossfire mobo (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Sapphire.html which hopefully i will be purchasing at the end of this month) and im going to get a crossfire edition x850xt to go with my already x850xt. i think a fx55 would just top it off. and then eventually get some more better memory

the deceived said:
Surely we use silicon because it has better physical properties than plastic (i.e. melting temprature, mouldablility etc). They must be using some sort of thermosoftening plastic to avoid the RAM from just melting inside the computer :)

Eh. Too bad it would be expensive, but using Diamond would be a better semiconductor than Silicon because Diamond has less "friction". I forgot exactly what, but it's better than Silicon. It's just that Silicon is easier to get for a good price.

I'd get a dual core X2, the FX is good/better NOW but like the way FarCry became 64 Bit - some games in a years time might take FULL advantage of dual/muticore processing.

Fisher said:
thanks all for your relpies, plastic memory?? WTF?? how does that work?
i think ill get an FX55 i already have my mind set on a crossfire mobo (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Sapphire.html which hopefully i will be purchasing at the end of this month) and im going to get a crossfire edition x850xt to go with my already x850xt. i think a fx55 would just top it off. and then eventually get some more better memory

Yeah that would be an awesome system, and that mobo looks pretty good. You'll have to come back to us on the benchmarking (and any information on overclocking if you do) :)

It would be nice to talk about ATI again (although I love nVidia about a billion times more), it would just change the subject for a bit and ATI fans can have SOME sense of getting us nVidia fans back :) Although the 7800GTX would still out perform the new Rxxx series ;)

Back
Top Bottom