64 bit v sempron

bliss1

Beta member
Hello folks question,
I curently have a sempron 3100+ which is overclocked to 2.3 GHz.I have a radeon 9600 Pro and a kv8 pro motherboard with 1Gb of Ram. I have been looking at a 64Bit 3200+ Amd Processor. My question is will the Amd chip make a vast amount of difference with gaming as my current chip plays the likes of Battlefield 2 no problem but struggles when i quit the game.....the computer then struggels and slows right down....Please can u help me with this query.Sorry if it is a noobish question.....but can u explain the pros and cons?....thankyou.............Andi

Yeah, the sempron is an old generation card. The amd 3200+ amd 64 is definitely the newer, better, faster cpu. The amd's feature a built-in on-die controller, which puts it ahead in games. You don't have to upgrade though.... the slowing problem could just be an insufficent amount of ram. HOwever, with 1gb of ram, it's probably your cpu. The amd 3200+ 64 is an excellent and I totally recommend you get it. Make sure it's socket 939 though, so you can upgrade to the dual cores when they come out.

hey bliss we got the same vid card and the same processor if you get the 3200+

the 3200+ works great for me, very good for gaming, and really fast!

Are you planning on upgrading to the Sempron 64 or the Athlon 64? In my opinion, you won't notice that much difference if you upgrade to the Sempron 64 CPU. It will make a difference if you have 64-bit Windows and your games are written in 64-bit to take advantage of it. But gains from what you have now to the Sempron 64 is otherwise unnoticeable.

(a little off topic)i have a sempron 2600+ server and its stock speed is 1.6ghz. i overclocked the fsb from 200 stock to 250 and i got the cpu up to 2.1ghz now and runs at 40 degrees with stock cooling. The sempron and athlon series are really good for keeping cool when overclock.

Urgent.

Good Day,

jac006, I need you to contact me on MSN, this is an urgent matter.

The Paretovex-GX, Paretovex-XL, and Paretovex-CR websites are on their way up and are on a track.

If anyone is interested in helping out with my computer review website, please contact me at paretovex@yahoo.com

Thank You.

Semprons are EXCELLENT chips... do not think they are not. Any chip AMD engineered is beyond high quality, it is AMD quality.

Back
Top Bottom