is sli just not worth it?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
soon ati is going to bring out their crossfire which from what ive read is far better than sli so whats the point of having sli anymore?

Competition mainly. Like Intel and AMD. I'm sure nvidia will bounce back with something even better to counter ATi's Crossfire.

ya i guess i was thinking that they would make new gpus that take better advantage of the sli setup

I haven't really heard too much of the Crossfire as of late. I can't wait to see the benchmarks as compared to Nvidia's SLi systems.

The big advantage Crossfire has over SLi is that you can combine two of any ATI ready Crossfire models, and not just limited to the eact same type. It also doesn't split the PCI-Express into two 8x, and keeps them both at 16x which is much faster than SLi. But guess what?? nVidia heard this and thought, well we'll do the same :) Unfortunately, that technology allowing SLi to handle two 16x graphics cards is only available next year I think and you have to buy yet again, a new SLi capable motherboard that supports 2 16x slots in SLi mode :(

Back
Top Bottom