argh, security issues with dads lappy

Tweak

In Runtime
ok, so about 7 months ago, my dads laptoop started restricting secure sites, and it cannot use IM programs, nor can it play online games...all it can to is look at unsecure sights on the internet, we have tried turning off all firewalls, and turned off all antivirus programs. we dont know what is wrong, its kinda starting to bother me cuz lately i have been secretel using my dads lappy in my bed late at night, but it kinda sux cuz i cant play games....
any input would be appreciated....
thanks

What antivirus program do you use? What firewall? Have you checked your internet settings? What do you use, IE, Firefox, or opera? If in IE, just go to tools, settings (or options I think it is), and then go to security. Change the settins to low or anything like that and see what happens. Have you tried reinstalling your programs (antivirus, firewall, etc) Have you uninstalled the antivirus and firewall and tried the internet? I'm assuming it's a wireless connection, so it could be the hardware firewall that's preventing the access. Have you checked that? Contact your isp if all of these things yield no results...

I second what jac006 said
Go to Tools, then Internet Options, then Security
Click on the big red restriction sign
Then click Sites, remove anything you see there so that the settings won't prohibit you from visiting valid sites
You might also want to click the Internet settings and change all the levels back to default
After that, you could try the privacy tab and then changing the security settings as jac006 pointed out
This is all supposing that you are using IE though
We will need more info such as are you connected to the internet via a networked computer and so on

Back
Top Bottom