URGENT: I need help updating a ASUS BIOS

I've worked on dozens of systems and every one has a different configuration. (I work for CompUSA as a tech) and I've never seen any of them do this. I'm just very hesitant to blame this on Windows.

You could try the HDDs onto another system and see if you can put it to their original sises

I tried the drives on another system and they are still showing the wrong sizes. I deleted and then tried to recreate the paritions on the other system but they are still off. I'm now thinking the drives themselves might be the issue.

Indeed. They are bad. Do a test for errors...

Using the company's test app that is bootable from a diskette.

i have an asus board and i have updated the and i did it all from windows, i downloaded the update and used the update utility and it worked, i didnt have to boot from a floppy or anything so i would assume its the same for u

Remember there that he tried them onto another computer. Since it did the same thing, it's useless. And I think his comp is pretty decent for a tech

Any idea what would cause both drives to develop similar errors?? The only thing the drives have in common is the PATA interface and the fact they were hooked up to the same compluter. One is a Samsung 160GB and the other is a WD 200GB. I don't want to plug new drives into this system and have the same thing happen to the new ones in 6 months.

gaming_freak said:
i have an asus board and i have updated the and i did it all from windows, i downloaded the update and used the update utility and it worked, i didnt have to boot from a floppy or anything so i would assume its the same for u

When I reasearched thje BIOS update for this board ASUS's site said to boot from a DOS bootable floppy, so that's what I tried.

Back
Top Bottom