F.e.a.r

The thing I really like about FEAR is the plot. Ofcourse that combined with lot's of shooting and great graphics.

The plot is very mysterious, only thing that we know yet is that the guy u are playing with has damn quick reflexes. The girl, Alma, has psychic powers. Then there is this clone army with commander Fettel (or whatever his name was) who command the clones. And the clones are who u are fighting against. And then ofcourse some other small things.

My gues, alma is the sister of the guy who we are playing with. This supported by the fact that in one of his memories there is a little girl screaming "where are u taking him" and also, Alma could kill this guy whenever she want, but she doesn't. So there has to be a connection between the 2 of them. The guy whe are playing with is also much like these clones, infact maybe the clones are clones of him. There was that little memory about the scientist saying "u will be a god amond men". This pointing to some freaky genetic manipulation or stuff like that done to the guy we are playing with. Also explains his fast reflexes. Maybe Alma wants to find the guy we are playing with, that's why she set Fettel free, she knew that they would call FEAR in, and that then she could meet u. This also supporting that they have some kind of connection.

The story remains a mystery, but I bet it's going to be awesome. I'm so looking forward to his game. Prolly should take a day of from school so I can finish the game the same day I get it.

And also, feel free to post ur guesses about who is Alma, what the heck is going on and who is the guy we are playing with. And other stuff about the amazing story too. But if u know what it's really about don't say that u are sure that it is like this, I don't want to know how it ends, but I would like to hear ur guesses about it.

daemon said:
The thing I really like about FEAR is the plot. Ofcourse that combined with lot's of shooting and great graphics.

The plot is very mysterious, only thing that we know yet is that the guy u are playing with has damn quick reflexes. The girl, Alma, has psychic powers. Then there is this clone army with commander Fettel (or whatever his name was) who command the clones. And the clones are who u are fighting against. And then ofcourse some other small things.

My gues, alma is the sister of the guy who we are playing with. This supported by the fact that in one of his memories there is a little girl screaming "where are u taking him" and also, Alma could kill this guy whenever she want, but she doesn't. So there has to be a connection between the 2 of them. The guy whe are playing with is also much like these clones, infact maybe the clones are clones of him. There was that little memory about the scientist saying "u will be a god amond men". This pointing to some freaky genetic manipulation or stuff like that done to the guy we are playing with. Also explains his fast reflexes. Maybe Alma wants to find the guy we are playing with, that's why she set Fettel free, she knew that they would call FEAR in, and that then she could meet u. This also supporting that they have some kind of connection.

The story remains a mystery, but I bet it's going to be awesome. I'm so looking forward to his game. Prolly should take a day of from school so I can finish the game the same day I get it.

And also, feel free to post ur guesses about who is Alma, what the heck is going on and who is the guy we are playing with. And other stuff about the amazing story too. But if u know what it's really about don't say that u are sure that it is like this, I don't want to know how it ends, but I would like to hear ur guesses about it.

That's a pretty good insight daemon! Come to think of it now, I agree with you about the connection between the two. But I personally think that the guy who you play as is sent in purely to draw out Alma in an attempt to retrieve evidence as to her actions and reasons for plaguing this Earth. Then they send in FEAR to check out her, and unknown to them, she is far more powerful than they thought she was. Then the story turns full circle back to the guy you play as. I think they mutated him as a, well 'Plan B' in case FEAR cannot bring her down, or collect enough evidence of her. This way, the bait now becomes the only hope of saving people from Alma. But then that's just a guess! :)

TRDCorolla said:
Hey I just saw the demo. This game is pretty freaky but at the same time looks really fun to play. This reminds me of the movie "The Grudge" when that little girl kills everybody. Some kind of supernatural freak. Man, it's crazy.

If you guys want some footage, movies, and trailers for this game, check out this site:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/media.html

Gamespot has all the movie trailers for games and stuff. The new Mortal Kombat game features co-op gameplay for the first time in an action/adventure type fighting game. That should make it easier for a single player to go through the levels knowing you have backup. The gameplay looks so good. When you have the time, check out the new Mortal Kombat game too.

I had a look for the new Mortal Kombat game, and all I can find is the one coming out next year for the PS2 and Xbox?? Do you mean this one, or is there one on PC coming out??

Apologies if I'm being blind.

Is FEAR only SP then? I know the demo says SP but wasn't sure if the final game is. I'm all about multi-player but still have time for a good SP now and again.

Space_Coyote said:
Is FEAR only SP then? I know the demo says SP but wasn't sure if the final game is. I'm all about multi-player but still have time for a good SP now and again.

No FEAR will be multi-player. I haven't read up on this yet, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Yes it is. The demo only says SP coz it's the single player demo. There was also a multi-player beta released but it was only to a limited amount of ppl and the beta is already over.

The thing that get me is how are they going to sort out the slow-mo thing in multi-player?? I'm guessing they'll just disable it, but it would be so much fun for the first 10 mins, and then extremely frustrating when you can't stop being shot from every angle :)

It's definately going to be disabled. Well ofcourse I can't be sure but there just ain't any possible way of having it in there. Exept so that one uses slow-mo then everyone goes to slow-mo. And that would be quite frustrating. Unless they like made there a "booster" like other ones have this double damage thing and then when someone takes it everyone goes to slow-mo for like 15 seconds. That would prolly be the only way for it to work, but I still think it's going to be disabled.

Yeah, like the Quake series! Finding the quad damage always made me win the match :) It was the first thing to go for when I was playing with friends. Now that would be awesome, slow-mo in multi-player that you can pick up.

Seriously can't wait for this game to come out!!

Back
Top Bottom