Computer wont let me activate windows XP!

x0r515t said:
Well if you plan on running vista I hope you have at least two gigs of RAM:
http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry360.html

By late 2006 i'll have all the requirments. newer games will probably force me to get those before Vista comes out.

If you read the article you don't need those specs to run Vista. as it said the same thing happen with XP. it was able to run it just wasn't takin full advantage of till later.

You're limited to 6 reinstalls. That includes the moving of the os to another machine. Point is if you make a habit out of it and M$ sees the hash numbers with the key code coming in too close together they lock you out. You wind up having to call a tech. Be honest about what you did dishdog. I moved one of my xp home os's from my retired p3 to my toy p2 and it called in no problem. But the p3 had been sitting in the cupboard for 90 days. Point is be honest with them. You'll get a lot farther if you do.

Not really. I have a friend that has burned up his count. But he calls and get a new activation. I think he's done that like 4 times. He told me they said next time he would have to get a new copy. Not bad for being honest with the techs at M$. But that will only go so far.

Back
Top Bottom