I Need cheap gaming comp

mnm2004bft

Baseband Member
Hey I have a 150 bucks, yea i know, pretty cheap lol, what kind of custom computer can I have built for 150-200 bucks?

Well you COULD put a system together for that but it wouldn't be up to much. You could maybe play some of the newer games on the lowest settings.

What are your needs/expectations? I'm sure some of the more experienced members can put a list together for you. An extra $50 or so would go a long way.

Edit: Post over in the General Computer HW/SW section, you will get more help there.

mnm2004bft said:
Hey I have a 150 bucks, yea i know, pretty cheap lol, what kind of custom computer can I have built for 150-200 bucks?

Not anything thats going to play newer games. as Space_Coyote an extra $50 would help a lot. even with that though your not going to get a gaming computer though.

mnm2004bft said:

You need at least 300-400 to build a decent gaming computer.

it cost me 600 dollars to build my comp, and thats that I cheaped out on the case, mobo and psu.

Counter Strike on Normal Settings... That's pretty much it... a 5200 Nvidia or a 9600 ATI would be fine too... i'm just looking for a mobo, processor, and graphics card set. No case, cd rom, floppy, NIC, hard drive, etc... Will 150-200 dollars get me those three basic things?a

i have a ati 9600se, and an amd athlon xp 2400+, that i might be considering selling. If I sell it would be for like 100 dollars, but I might keep that computer together so I can have one comp(the shitty one) at home, and keep my current rig here.

you could buy my computer for $300, yeah i know its a little over your budget but you arent going to get anything decent for $200

amish/towly, i'll consider both of your computers.. towly how old is it? list Specs, I'm really interested

i purchased the video card in march of this year, I purchased the processor in september of last year. Neither of the items have been overclocked.

Back
Top Bottom