Another virus on CF?!?!?

Steven12 said:
Maybe david has had something planted in his html
There is nothing in the html, thats why I know its not cf.

When there is a new virus spreading, surely it is reasonable to expert a percentage of the users to get infected?

can i we have a list of all the advistors at the time of "the viurs outburst"

I hate to break it to you guys but in all likelyhood the attacks are comming from this site via the linked advertising banners...
I've seen all sorts of pop ups and pop unders...

Posting the source won't help since all you'll see is the link to the banner advert.

best advice, add qoolaid.com to your list of not allowed (untrusted) sites, add blockers, pop up blckers, proy disallowed list or anything else you can think of to try to keep it out.

It's a bad site for two reasons, firstly, it's trynig to download an installer aplpication to your machine, secondly, the screen savers I see in those screen shots look really crap...

I assume the reason that David, (and Myself, and Matt havn't had this problem whilst other have is because the add are region targetted, we arn't in america and so we see different adds.

root said:
I hate to break it to you guys but in all likelyhood the attacks are comming from this site via the linked advertising banners...
I've seen all sorts of pop ups and pop unders...

Posting the source won't help since all you'll see is the link to the banner advert.

best advice, add qoolaid.com to your list of not allowed (untrusted) sites, add blockers, pop up blckers, proy disallowed list or anything else you can think of to try to keep it out.

It's a bad site for two reasons, firstly, it's trynig to download an installer aplpication to your machine, secondly, the screen savers I see in those screen shots look really crap...

I assume the reason that David, (and Myself, and Matt havn't had this problem whilst other have is because the add are region targetted, we arn't in america and so we see different adds.
LEt me know that ad that produceses pops or installers

jac006 said:
Ok, I had just posted and then I got this...

What the heck? An installer? Like a virus? What is that supposed to mean? Has anyone got this? I'm really confused with these virus issues... edit... ok, so I went to that site... not a virus... but... really wierd. never got that before...
Its a shame that screen didn't show the ad, could you do the same next time with the ad show ad the top?

Ok I think I have an answer to this. I found when I may some changes to my os that the messenger service got turned back on. I got one of those but I was on aol and was NOT here. It was for a IE plug in. Make sure your XP os's messenger service is disabled. A lot of the bad guys have figured out how to get in to your system using that.
Other wise a firewall and tweaking your internet security setting is a MUST.

Back
Top Bottom