iMMEDIATE HELP

So i went out and cme back to fnd my comp off...
ilookinside....and te heatsink was lying on my effin video card

i take the heatsink off apply new thermalpaste, put it back on. reconnected everything and it didnt start....

i saw one of those battery type things stickin out, but it was somewyhat slanted...i gently push it straigh5t then try and start it and itstarted for lessthan 1 secc....

wtf do i do....rhe day b4 school..

im on an hp thayt canbarely run firefox

I'm afraid it seems your CPU might have died.

Its strange that it fell when you were out of the room though, like it could have happened at any time...

That's pretty effed up. By battery type thing, do you mean one of the cylindrical capacitors? That might be causing a problem, or perhaps the heatsink created a short on the video card when it fell causing some sort of hardware issue. The most probable explanation though is that the CPU did indeed get fried.

Is that what they've said? if so, i bet you idn't tell them the CPU heatsink fell on it, hehe :p

Is there anyone who tells the whole truth in these kinds of things?
If I somehow manage to brake something and there still is warranty left I will say that it was working fine and suddenly while playing a game the pc shut down and didn't boot anymore. One of my friends did this, he broke like all of his parts, he ain't too good with computers :D lol. (well not all, just one psu, two mobos and one vid card. all this while putting up one computer, he got the first set of parts in april and got the pc working like 2 weeks ago. He had it working for sometime, but then he increased his vid card voltage and it fried. Then he got it working again. Then he tried to update the BIOS of his mobo, no reason for this, he just wanted to update it. Well as u can gues he destroyed the mobo. Again out of action. And for now it's running quite... atleast for a week or two.)
I don't know how many parts he got covered by the warranty, atleast the psu and the first mobo. Don't know about the other parts.

Back
Top Bottom