RAM Problems

boywonder1

Beta member
I have a Fatality MB with 1 GB of crucial ram. I recently purchased two additional sticks of crucial ram (same part number) to upgrade to 2GB. The computer will not boot. I can take any stick of ram out and it will boot fine. It doesn't matter which sticks of ram are in the computer just as long as all are not in at the same time. I contacted Abit and went through troubleshooting and they were no help. I then purchased another MB and had the exact same problem. I then purchased new ram 2 1GB sticks of Geil. I have the exact same problem with just the two sticks in. I have checked the ram setting in the bios and all are set correctly. I was wondering if I have a power problem. I am running a Intel 3.2Ghz processor, 850Pro 256MB video card, 2 CD drives, two hard drives, and two fans. I have a seasonic 420w power supply. If you have any ideas please let me know I am stumped. I have also reinstalled windows several times. I can't install windows with 2GB of ram in either of the MB.

What is your PSU watts. you probably don't have enough power to run the extra sticks.

I would have to say it is a power issue. do you know anybody with a larger PSU that they could lend you to see if this is the problem.

I didn't read what PSU you had the first time i read it over. i must have skipped over it, sorry.

Shouldn't 420W be enough?
There was a calculator somewhere on the internet where u just chose ur parts and then it told u how big PSU u need. Ofcourse it ain't that accurate.

Anything abot 400W for that system is fine. 450W is the best because you don't want to run it at 80% it's max... bad...

daemon said:
Shouldn't 420W be enough?
There was a calculator somewhere on the internet where u just chose ur parts and then it told u how big PSU u need. Ofcourse it ain't that accurate.

Those calulators are so crappy. they are usally of by at least 50-80watts.

jac006 said:
Anything abot 400W for that system is fine. 450W is the best because you don't want to run it at 80% it's max... bad...

it should be enough but everything points to it not being enough.

try taking some other stuff(second HDD,second CD drive..) out and leaving all the memory in so less Watts in used by other things. that way you will know if it is a PSU problem.

Back
Top Bottom