Internet Explorer Problem.

NLAlston1

Baseband Member
I had posted a problematic situation here, a short while back, regarding problems that I thought were emanating from my Adelphia Broadband service. They (Adelphia) did eventually put forth a high degree of effort to try and narrow the negative cause(s) down, and a final determination was made that it had nothing to do with their service.

When I am browsing with IE I cannot activate a link by just clicking on it. I have to copy & paste links into the address bar in order for anything to open up. Now, it is a much different story with Mozilla Firefox - where everything does as it is supposed to do, when called upon. I know that the feelings on this might be to just use the latter browser, and call it done. But there is some type of problem going on, and I am one who likes to get to the bottom of things. I had even done a recent formatting of my system, and found IE to work right for all of - maybe - two or three days, before it adopted this stubborn behavior again.

Has anyone else experienced anything of this nature with IE?

Have you contacted microsoft about this?

Also what windows are you using and what version of IE are you using?

It's possible that a virus or some sort of spyware is causing this. Also, a program you install might cause some sort of software issue like this. Try reformatting and installing new programs one at a time to see if one of them causes the problem. Also make sure you have all the Windows updates.

Back
Top Bottom