what is high density ram

towly

In Runtime
hey,

I ordered this in the 2 x 512mb form http://www.geilusa.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=36

Available only in 512MB (2X256MB) and 1GB (2X512MB) and 2GB (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR Kits.

184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered, high performance DDR memory modules.

GeIL 5ns 32x8 & 64x8 Density DDR Chip.

6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded PCB.

Optimized SPD for Dual Channel DDR motherboards.

Blue Aluminum Heat Spreader.

Lifetime Warranty .

CAS 2.5 8-4-4 (GE5123200BDC & GE1G3200BDC)

CAS 3-8-4-4 (GE2G3200BDC)

2.55V-2.95V

what I was wondering was if this stick of ram is high density or is it low density. Im assuming its 32x8 which makes it low density. The reason I ask is because I have an ASUS A7N8X-X mobo running an nvidia nforce2 chipset and I tried to install a gig of ebay ram that was high density and it wouldnt work, so I did some research and found out nforce boards arent compatible with high density ram.

thanks

As far as I know... high-density ram is the ram with 128x4 such modules... that's what I know... that would then be low density ram... yeah.

okay cool, so low density is xmb x 8 and high density is xmb x 4, correct?

also, I know its value ram but does it look like a good choice?

Yeah, well, high density is 128 x 4 and low is 64 x 8, get it? yeah. I have the exact ram. It's great.

how good is this ram to oc?

I think I can reach 2.5 ghz with this ram, I just need to get a better power supply, my current one only supplies 20A on the 12v rail. Also if I were to keep my multipliers at 12.5 and raise my fsb from 166 to 175 to reach my goal of 2.2ghz, would it drain me off power or would it not need that much more power, right now the vcore is at 1.62v.

It's alright, but make sure you adjust your cpu's speed accordingly... as long as you have a good psu...

Back
Top Bottom