Help with a capital H

naic

Beta member
Ok,

I have recently built my first computer, all i have to do is install the operating system.

My computer Specs are as follows:

AMD ATHLON 64 3000
SATA 250GB HD
1GB RAM
PHILIPS CD DRIVE
GIGABYTE K8 TRITON
TAGAN POWER SUPPLY
RADEON X550

The problem is when i first tried to install the OS, it was working right up until it wanted to restart, which it did. But after the restart it didn't continue the installation. (???) I then saw a thread with a similar problem http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17463535

i thought that this would have fixed my problem, but it didn't. I am now getting an error saying and i quote:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information."

Please Help

Cheers

Did you try and reinstall the OS? Sounds like your installation for your OS had some error. Did you check all your connections? i.e. hard drive, disc drives, etc?

did u install the sata drivers that came with you motherboard, this has to be done when the install asks if u have any third party software to install!!! at that point u press f6 and it carries ont the installation!! the drivers may have come on a floppy or on a cd in which case u will have to copy them from the cd to the floppy!!

Yeh i tried to reinstall, but it is showing the same message, it must be something to do with the BIOS.

Cheers

so u did use that sata drivers yes or no??? also check the power connections and other connections to the drive!!

thats a good point ardy, never though of that, but the problem is i don't have a floppy disk drive. So looks like a trip to the computer store. I'll see if that works by transferring the drivers onto a floppy disk. I'll post my results

Back
Top Bottom