Help with power supply

bongoman

Baseband Member
I bought a Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU yesterday for about $60. I bought it mainly cause of the low price and the 500W but anyways i came back home and tried to install it. The problem was that the PSU was too big for my computer. I tried and tried but it wouldn't fit. I then wondered if keeping the PSU outside on the computer case would be a good idea. I didn't want any mistakes so thats why I posted my problem here. Would keeping my PSU outside the case be a good idea or is it just plain idiotic? Keep in mind that it was for a low price so returning it is not what I really want to do.Thanks.

Yeah, aslong as the wires are enough long so that u can keep it out of the case. U might also just want to make a little hole on the side of the case, so that u don't have to keep the whole side open for the wires.

Well the wires should be able to go in through the hole where the power supply would have been in the back. The idea should work, but it seems kind of sloppy to me. It's totally up to you though.

spank_fusion said:
Well the wires should be able to go in through the hole where the power supply would have been in the back. The idea should work, but it seems kind of sloppy to me. It's totally up to you though.

ohh, I never thought about the holes that are left when there is no PSU.
Yes, that would work. And I gues u really don't have any other choise than to keep it outside of the case, unless u want to buy a new case.

Back
Top Bottom