saving a hardrive?

TomPanda

Beta member
originally a couple of days ago i planned on reformatting. I have two hardrives. I have the 120 gig Master (C) with WINXP partition and WINXP installed and the 200 gig slave (D) with the partition magic partition of about 189. So I'm throwing on all my important documents onto the slave getting ready to reformat C with WinXP. As soon as everything is finished. I turned off the computer boot up with xp and i reformatted with both drives in there. Being cautious i chose the correct drive and formatted it Then when I was finshed WinXP recongized the slave but it said it was not formatted. The only thing it told me I could do was format it. So i try running partition magic as well and it didn't pick up on anything of what was there. I've ran some recovery programs which are a bit helpful but this is where you guys come in. If you can help me recover ALL of my files I would appriciate it.

thanks for your help

btw both drives were NTFS

Well you should try Knoppix, i had this problem when one of my partitions wouldn't boot up and i desperately needed to access my file so i just loaded up Knoppix and then you can view them from there
Its quite handy for point to point applications where the OS won't load, hopefully it will work in your case

is there a linux place where i could get knoppix? and what if i were to install windows xp onto this drive? then when i boot from it. the folders that were orignally on there would be stored somewhere on there ya?

Back
Top Bottom