same hard drive different motherboard

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
Ok I am basically building a new computer soon but I am using my old hard drive, and I cant find my windows cd that came with my computer. I cant use that hard drive in my new computer without reinstalling windows can I? If I cant will it matter if I use a different version of windows when I reinstall it?

you will need to reinstall windows. can you find your product key, if so phone microsoft and they should send you a new copy of windows.

I didnt see anything about it on everest. I have windows home edition with service pack two on my computer, my brother has a cd for windows home edition with service pack one. Could I just use that cd?

Provided he has an origonal windows disc and not a restore sytem then yes it will work fine, just remeber to install SP2 once the install is finished.

it's illigal to use the same windows on 2 computers.

the product key should be under "operating system" in everest.

The disc in which windows is installed from is irrelevent, he has 2 liecenses therfore he can install it on two systems.

stop argueing, you will need to re intall windows, does the copy have to be genuine as long as the product key on your computer is?

Back
Top Bottom