Ati FPS, Nvidea-Not an Ati vs Nvidea thread.

Half Evil

Golden Master
Hey a while back i had a problem with some downloaded drivers for Ati, and i had to uninstall everything Ati to solve it, and now when i play games like Counter stirke source, i get around 27 Fps, and back (before the drives problems) i was getting about 57-60 Fps. and im kinda short on cash at the moment, so wut can i do to get my Ati card to perfrom like it did? Oh i have the Ati Radeon X300 card. And my next question is that because i had this problem, im gonna go with Nvidea, so could someone please show me the best nvidea card that i could get for under 200 $. Because at the moment i hate Ati.

For under $200? You can pick from the Geforce 6600GT or the 6800 cards. The GT and Ultra version of the 6800 will put you way over the budget.

Go to the catalyst conrol center, there are vid settings there, and the aa and af settings could be up. Even if you don't select aa and af in the cs:s vid menu, the settings will still be on. I couldn't get aa and af to turn on with the menu in game, so i had to go to the control center, then i could do it. Hopefully that does it.

does it beat a 6800 in performance?? I never even heard of the GT before. WOw, looks like a sweet card. But only has 8 pipelines, still think the vanilla 6800 will win.

Back
Top Bottom