Laptop driving me crazy.

UNCLEMIKE1

Baseband Member
I have a dell laptop and i'm trying to get the desktop on my tv. I'm using the s-video out and all i get is a grey or black screen. I've ruled out the cables and the tv being the problem. After i tryed hooking it up i went into the display settings and changed a couple of things but no luck. I think the problem is me not knowing how to configure the display properties. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, could windows not have the correct driver? Thanks

Did you switch the t.v. to video out or whatever it is? And go to display and settings and switch on the display to t.v.? Have you tried forcing the detection of the t.v.?

jac006 said:
Did you switch the t.v. to video out or whatever it is? And go to display and settings and switch on the display to t.v.? Have you tried forcing the detection of the t.v.?
How do i force the detection of the tv?

Are you using nvidia, ati, or integrated? For ati, I just right click on my desktop, go to properties, then settings, advanced, and then displays. Then I just go to the different displays and click on them and force the detection of the display. I don't know about nvidia, or integrated. It might be similar, it might be different, I don't know.

jac006 said:
Are you using nvidia, ati, or integrated? For ati, I just right click on my desktop, go to properties, then settings, advanced, and then displays. Then I just go to the different displays and click on them and force the detection of the display. I don't know about nvidia, or integrated. It might be similar, it might be different, I don't know.
Thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom