buzz on speakers

bass_man

Baseband Member
i just got some new speakers and when i turn them up theres a fairly loud buzz. is this just natural or is something wrong with the speakers.

theyre GE, heh they were liek 30 bucks so i figured id try em.

cheap speakers do good for simple computer sounds but for music they are no good. if you turn them up you can expect some buzz. also are you sure it is the speakers and not something else on your desk?

Well, I have a $25 set of 2.1 Creative speakers, and they rock the house - even at high volumes. It is possible that the speaker quality isn't good, but there are a lot of other possibilities.

If you have a CRT monitor, make sure the speakers and their wires aren't too close to it. The magnetic fields could cause some interference. Also, some appliances and other products can cause interference like this if they are plugged into the same wall outlet. A variety of other things could cause interference as well. A few examples are cell phones, radios, televisions, power cables, and anything with a motor in it.

Barring outside interference, the sound card or software could be causing some trouble. Borrow a friend's sound card to see if you get the same results. I suggest doing this with speakers, too - try another set to see if it really is just the speakers. Also make sure all your audio drivers are updated to the max.

EDIT> And yes, make sure they are plugged in all the way.

Also By lowering the Wave volume in the volume controls will give you a cleaner sound, although it wont be able to go as loud, it will be cleaner.

Yeah, unless you have my speakers, which produce clean, clearm volume and sound at any level... lol... I had the speakers blasting my house today, I'm talking like 80% for the speaker volume and 100% windows volume and it was like it the clarity was at 25%. It was amazing... my neighbor's got really angry though... lol... the house was shaking and the walls were trembling pretty much. lol...

your welcome ... im gettin worried 2 days 2 probs sorted by mutting the mic

Back
Top Bottom