Help With Computer Lag plz

Tw1tch

Beta member
So, im posting this for a friend.. his computer is a 3.0 p4 H/t with a rad 9200 card and 1gb ram. my system is a 2.4 p4 with 1gb ram and a rad 9550 card.. So this is the story, lately his computer has been lagging up a storm on world of warcraft.. im talking lag every 2 seconds.. he had many viruses so i reformated his computer yesterday to try and resolve this problem.. after i did we reinstalled and still it lagged.. my computer runs SMOOTH im talking absolutly no lag and his system should be out performing mine in the long run... his computer is fairly new? wayyyy newer than mine.. i had mine for at least 1-2 years now his only a couple months.. is it possible somthin is not setup correctly on his system? Please refer back to me.. this is really starting to annoy us because his family does not have much money and i would hate to see him get ripped off from this..

Thanks

James

have you tried to put all the settings on low? Also check for new drivers. when you reinstalled windows did you put any files back on that he had previously(like made backups of files and put them back on)?

Yeah, have you made any check ups with the site, checked for drivers for his computer and, by the way, your graphics card is better than his so it might run games smoother...

its very weird.. still doesnt make sense. the 9550 was his.. i traded him my 9200 and 50+ for his 9550 so i can run duel mons.. the 9200 ran perfect on mine.. still no lag at all.. Its not drivers we checked everything.. we've done a bench test previously to test if the processor is running at its 3.0 speed. its very odd..

the world of warcraft settings even on low arnt as bad.. but when he gets close to lots of people it exlodes with lag and drops to 2.0 fps..

then disconnects him for extreme lag..

and no its not his internet connection because i have my computer at his house all the time for lanning and it runs smoooth and correct

to me it just sounds like the graphic card isn't up to par with the game but if you had it before and it ran good then i don't know.

now i havn't played WOW before but does it get updates? if so maybe something new has just pushed the graphic card over the edge.

no.. its not the graphics card theres absoulotly no way thats what it is.. Because that card was in my cmputer before it ran perfect.. along with bf2.. its very odd... AND NO THERES NO VIRUSES OR SPYWARE its freakin pure right now! so i dont know whats wrong with it

Back
Top Bottom