2 Questions :(

Filthy

Solid State Member
Ok, heres the first...

Im using a soundblaster live soundcard (i dont think its the problem) and some creative 5.1 speakers, the problem is, when im listening to music with windows media player (or any other interface) only my 2 front speakers and my sub work...

I went into the creative diagnostics... tested them... and it passed all tests and i tested the speakers themselves, and they worked fine. Any ideas?

And the second, Im using a generic modem from my cable company. When i boot up, and open the internet (Opera) its the speed it should be... high speed, after about 2-5 mins, the "pc activity" light begins to strobe at a constant rate and its so horribly slow that i cant even use it, its seriously much slower than dial up. It actually didnt strobe for about 3 days, which was a time i didnt shut down my computer at all, and as soon as i rebooted, it went back to being as slow as it was. ive tried unplugging it and everything and it doesnt work.

Thanks for the help everyone.

For the first question... have you checked all connections? It could be an sound card problem, you never know. How long have you had this computer? Is there something for the speakers on the sub to change sound and connections? On my speakers, I can change whether it's stereo, steroa 2x, or surround, etc. Can you do that? For the second question, have you contacted your cable company about this problem? Have you thought about replacing the modem? It could solve the problem...

ive checked all the connections about 30 times, i preatty sure that i dont have anything to adjust the type of sound that is being played, at least not externaly. To me it seems like they ust arent getting any sound... ive changed the plugs around and they work.
I contacted my isP and it took them about 3 hours just to get on the phone with me, i was just curious if someone had had the same problem... thanks for your help :)

you have to go into the soundblaster settings and check a box to allow something like csmx. i will have a look at mine now and get back to you.
i got the same set up as you (exactly).
i had the same problem.
woz

go to- start -programmes -creative soundblaster live, then EAX ,then cmss 3d, then tick cmss.
should do the trick.
woz

Back
Top Bottom