how can i get my brothers ip address

Nflphil

Solid State Member
i know we can get it through messenger, when hes chatting with me i use a netstat command but the results i get are alot and i dont know which one it is. help please, my brother challenged me to get his Ip, plese help.

If you are on a local network, you could just view the ARP cache, as for not local, i cant remember any other techniques.

when doing netstat

do a netstat command with no commandline arguments and then look for port 4443 and that will be his ip address. Easy as that. I doesn't matter if he is on your network or not.

-thecoolkidontheblock

You could get his IP by running a packet monitor and direct connecting to him through a messanger service like aim. Once direct connected, check the packet monitor and his IP will be displayed.

Or, if he's on your local network run a simple ping sweep.

Ping sweep on a network is what i would recommend
If you find using netstat too difficult, just enable email headers and then ask him to send you a email, not directly, just do something that will cause him to send an email back to you
Easiest way would just be doing an ipconfig on his computer ...
Check this link out http://www.kisp.org/elohimus/obtaininganip.html

I'm not much of an expert but...

If you start a file transfer, and run netstat, one of the open connections is a direct connection to his IP.

I know no more than that, you'd have to Google it, but that's what I know.

malbuc87uk said:
I'm not much of an expert but...

If you start a file transfer, and run netstat, one of the open connections is a direct connection to his IP.

I know no more than that, you'd have to Google it, but that's what I know.

For AIM it will be port 4443 ... i'm not sure about the other IM clients
It may allow direct connection and yes it will be in an open connection when doing netstat but there have been features which can prevent this, in the new client of msn messenger released not too long ago, they had the option of not allowing people to connect directly to each other and let all the information go via the msn servers, therefore, countering this technique, yet again, i am not sure about the other IM clients

I get it now -_- This guy wants us to tell him how to hack "his second computer" which is really his brothers. Probably because his brother doesnt let him on his computer

Back
Top Bottom