My speakers won't work!

missy

Solid State Member
I had some speakers (labtec ones with 2 plug in thingys at the back) and they suddenly stopped working. i just presumed the speakers had broke as I checked all the sound devices etc and my computer said they were all working fine and no conflictions. Anyway, I've got a new pair of speakers again, labtec ones but this time with just one plug in thingy and i still can't get em to work. I've tried everything, all the troubleshooter options and everything, please help!

Wow... "plug-in thingy".... noice. Have you checked the mute setting? It could also be an internal problem. You said you have a labtop? Or is this a desktop? HOw old is your computer? Have you secured the connection from your speakers to your computer? Did you check for any drivers on your comptuer mancufactuere's website?

yeah i've done all that, i said 'labtec' the make of the speakers, my pc is a desktop not a laptop, i've checked all the settings

Are you using onboard sound or a sound card? what are your specs? how old is your computer?

i dunno, how can i tell if it is a sound card or onboard sound?? this is where i get mixed up. My comp is about 5 years old

Look at the back of your computer. Is the speaker connection through the holes located on your motherboard itself? Or, is it connected to a pci card, through one of the pci card slots?

hahah, oh god, thanks, you made me realise what i was doing. I won't tell you, it's embarrassing! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom