norton anti-virus always screwing up on me

battersup

Baseband Member
my norton anti virus always seems to be screwing up and i always have to re install it because some virus has screwed it up, isn't that what its supposed to be protecting me from? its always updated n that, anyways what is the best anti virus software out there? i thought it was norton but now i'm not so sure, is mcafee any good?

Well I have had only bad experiences with norton.

Get either AVG free or AntiVir personal edition. (this is also free)

I Hate Nortons, I have AVG Free, ABSOULTY BRILLIANT!! and you will need a Firewall so if you havn't got it (If you have SP2 you will have) get Zonealarm FREE!

Well Sp2 firewall.. let's just say that I have seen better ones. But yes, for firewall get zonealarm.

Well yeah, I gues that keeping the windows firewall on doesn't do any harm, not that it does anything good either.

But for me the easiest way is to get a modem with a firewall in it. It's way better than any software one, and it doesn't use system resources. But they cost and zonealarm will do just fine for a normal user.

Have a firewall setup for the router, then get another one going using Windows firewall, and finally use a third party firewall like ZoneAlarm, etc. I don't think there's any harm in doing that.

TRDCorolla said:
Have a firewall setup for the router, then get another one going using Windows firewall, and finally use a third party firewall like ZoneAlarm, etc. I don't think there's any harm in doing that.

yeah but it will slow down your computer

Computer Genius said:
I Hate Nortons, I have AVG Free, ABSOULTY BRILLIANT!! and you will need a Firewall so if you havn't got it (If you have SP2 you will have) get Zonealarm FREE!

i lready had zonealarm that is a good firewall and i got avg and it worksgreat, why would they make such a great program free?

How about Norton Internet security, thats the firewall i use!!! Seems to be pretty decent, wot do others think??

Back
Top Bottom