Huge Problem!!!!

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just went into msconfig and checked the box to start up in safe mode cause i forgot which key you're supposed to tap at the beginning and now my comp wont boot!!!! i get to the log on screen where it has my account and the administrator account and before i can put the password in it restarts! someone plzzzzzz tell me that i can fix this cause i really dont wana reformat.

try booting in safe mode again, remove anything you installed withing your last time of your computer being on, (drivers, games, updates...etc...) By the way the key for your boot options is F8!

tried f8 doesnt work on my comp and i cant boot in safe mode cause i only get as far as the log on screen before it restarts its self and i think its already in safe mode cause it says safe mode while it goes onto the log on screen

why does f8 not work?

you press f8 not long after your P.O.S.T whn it says "Checking for cd...." or whatever your mobo says.

If it says safe mode then it is booting in safe mode, try getting your f8 screen and booting in normal mode. safe mode can screw your system up when in that mode sometimes due to lack of....well... everythng.

C4SPER

f8 brings up a menu asking me what i want to boot from on mine (hard drive, cd drive...etc) and thats all it does theres no option for safe mode which is why i tried to do it from msconfig in the first place, looks like im gona have to reformat :(

wow u were right i was pressing it to early, i had no idea f8 could do 2 things anyway after several tries i managed to get into windows and turn off the damn thing in msconfig so its working again now

THANKS SO MUCH!

Hey no problem, f8 always works ;). I know some mobo's have a boot option under f8 too.

Another tip:
going on the assumption that your running XP, insert your instal disk and boot from the cd near the beginning of the installer you will get the option to boot into recovery consle. Option C i believe. enter this and re-edit your configsys file through recovery console.

Remember, windows is a big gaping vagina waiting to get screwed over by someone. Way too many security issues. But we all use it anyways. lol

Back
Top Bottom