cpu + motherboard help

Nflphil

Solid State Member
I want to buy a new motherboard which comes with a processor for my pc and i want to know if any
motherboard will fit it, and if not how do i find out what type of board it is. I know i can change the motherboard but does anyone fits my pc. help please

There are different sizes of motherboards, which in turn require different cases to house them. Case form factors share the names of the motherboards they support, and some of the common ones include ATX, Micro ATX (mATX), FlexATX and Mini ITX. ATX motherboards are perhaps the most common, and the largest of the four, measuring at most 12" x 9.6" (305mm x 244mm). A Micro ATX board is at most 9.6" x 9.6" (244mm x 244mm), a FlexATX is 9.0" x 7.5" (229mm x 191mm) and a Mini ITX comes in at a tiny 6.7" x 6.7" (170mm x 170mm). ATX and mATX are by far the most popular motherboard sizes for consumer motherboards, and hence, most cases are made to support one or both of these sizes.

I maybe be misreading what you are saying. Are you talking about whether a motherboard will WORK with the CPU you have in mind? If it is that, make sure the motherboard support the right socket for the CPU. What CPU is it? Intel or AMD? What model CPU?

cool

ok i have an emachine and how do i find out its type by measuring it, ok more thing when i go to ebay there all listed by names like
AMD Athlon Motherboard
Dual Socket Motherboard
Slot 1 Motherboard
Socket 370 Motherboard
Socket 423 Motherboard
Socket 478 Motherboard
Socket 754 Motherboard
Socket 939 Motherboard
Socket A Motherboard
Socket A 462 Motherboard
Super7, Socket7 Motherboard
ok so all i have to do is measure it to know which one will fit in my system.

First of all, before we rush into anything, what type of processor are you using?

Nflphil said:
ok i have an emachine and how do i find out its type by measuring it, ok more thing when i go to ebay there all listed by names like
AMD Athlon Motherboard
Dual Socket Motherboard
Slot 1 Motherboard
Socket 370 Motherboard
Socket 423 Motherboard
Socket 478 Motherboard
Socket 754 Motherboard
Socket 939 Motherboard
Socket A Motherboard
Socket A 462 Motherboard
Super7, Socket7 Motherboard
ok so all i have to do is measure it to know which one will fit in my system.

The ones with the Socket 370-478 appear to be Intel boards. Socket A, 754, and 939 is AMD. I believe Super 7 or Socket 7 is Intel, Cyrix, and AMD and it is old.

Back
Top Bottom