monitor help

MikeReiner

Golden Master
I have a 19" CRT AOC monitor, on the very top right corner, there is a purple spot.
what is very odd, if I put something magnetic near it, it makes it go away, it looks just like it should, but then when I pull the magnet away, it comes back.
I HATE THIS PURPLE spot.. is there anyway to just make it go away?
I got this monitor cheap, but it has no warrenty, so I can't take it back to the company or anything.
any ideas???

Sounds like a bad screen. CRT's aren't the best... but all I can say is that you should probably take out the screen and then look inside... that's what I would do. Maybe even try anti-glare screens for the monitor, something like that, and then see if that helps. It could just be cheapness. The screen is bad, and the magnet has some effect on it. I doubt there are clear magnets... lol... try returning it...?

well, it was a $160 monitor, actually, it does have a warrenty, (I think) and I can't find the reciept.
I said it doesn't cause I don't know for sure...
it's not really mine, more my dads.. but still, it's driving me crazy.
the degguass button has no effect.
and I don't want to open this thing up, I know nothing of monitors, i'll probably break it.

Yeah, sounds like a bad monitor. It's not a good idea to tinker with the inside of a monitor because a large amount of power still reside in there. It's like a huge transformer in there waiting for a short to occur. Throw it out the window.

Haha... nice suggestion... um, no. It still has value. Maybe take into a shop to get a little look-see? I can't really say anything if I can't see it... ah well.

I'm gonna have to find that receipt, I have no choice, I gotta get a replacement.
this is what I get for buying from a brand I never heard of in my life. shit.

Back
Top Bottom