bitTorrent is too slow

ChuNalt787

In Runtime
I cant get my torrent to work fast at all. IM downloading files tha say they are legit and legal. For some reason though it stays at 0kbs. I got it to 6 for a couple minutes but thats the best I could do. I turned off the windows fire wall and norton but still nuthin. I also have dsl and win xp of course. Any ideas?

It could be to do with what you're downloading, maybe not enough people are seeding that file.

well i checked to make sure that there were a good amount and its doin it to all the files that i try no matter how many ppl are seeding it or not

what program are you using? I suggest azereus. bitcomet also works nice. stay away from bittornado.

Bit Lord is pretty good, I havent used the other two

Might I ask what Connection you have? If its dialup I can see those speeds but if you had something like dial up or cable then that would be far too slow. Run a netstat -n and see if there are alot of connections slowing down your system

i said i have dsl in the first post and im using what looks like its called bitTorrent. Thats all it says even when i hit about

Yeah, bittorrent is the original client. I'd suggest getting Bitcomet.
And chech the tracker. Don't know how this is done in bittorrent but find it somewhere. See if u get a connection to the tracker and how many peers it gives u. If u can't connect to the tracker then there is something wrong with ur settings or the tracker, if u can and it gives u only a few peers then there just ain't enough ppl sharing the file so u can't get fast download speeds.

TRDCorolla said:
But isn't any kind of torrent slow? I heard that from some of the guys at school.

no it's not. I can almost everytime get the most I can with my connection (52kB/s) and I have seen ppl getting files with 2.5mB/s. Though that will require a crazy connection.

Back
Top Bottom