F.e.a.r

the deceived

In Runtime
This might not be the correct forum to post this up, but I couldn't see a more appropriate one from the main menu of forums. Apologies if I have posted in the wrong one!

Anyways, I was doing some research on FEAR, and I was just wondering if anyone has played the demo? I downloaded it today, and I played it a few times and I'm kinda addicted now (although it's only like 10 mins long). I was just wondering what other people thought of it (if you've played it), and if anyone knew of a release date for the UK?

Thanks!

Yeah, I played it too. Too short. But I liked the graphics, and especially the "time-slow" thing. Pretty cool. Good physics, too, might I add.

jac006 said:
Yeah, I played it too. Too short. But I liked the graphics, and especially the "time-slow" thing. Pretty cool. Good physics, too, might I add.

Haha, exactly what I thought when I first played it :) Kinda freaky aswell with the little girl, but then it adds to the atmosphere. My only worry is that is was slightly too easy on the hardest setting. Usually (like on FarCry), I spend most of the time slowly prgressing, hoping not to get shot. Whereas I found in the demo that it was still kinda run around a shoot everything :(

Although, I have heard that FEAR may be one of the first games to REALLY use dual core technology, and actually have the AI and graphics much better than a single core can. Don't actually know how they will do this, but then I don't like asking questions, I just like it when they work their magic :)

I'v been meaning to download it can my system handle it:

AMD 3200+
512 RAM (Dual channel on 256x2)
6600 256mb (PCI-E)

Osak said:
I'v been meaning to download it can my system handle it:

AMD 3200+
512 RAM (Dual channel on 256x2)
6600 256mb (PCI-E)

I'm sure your computer will deffinitely handle it at reasonably low graphics, but the thing that is holding your system back is your RAM. Games like FEAR, BF2 and FarCry are all memory hungry games, and well 512Mb just doesn't fill them up :)

Have you overclocked anything in you system? Is the 3200+ a Venice Core? Hopefully, you might be able to experience it at some medium level of graphics, but that is hopefully.

I want to see how your system handles it, so either come back with answers to my questions, or with results on how good it looked (that is if you don't mind, of course) :)

Yea Venice not OC'ed my 6600 is OC'ed a littel get 100+ on CSS with full AF and x2 AA and all high, planning on getting more ram. If i have anouther stick of 512 can i just add that and get the same affect as having 512x2 because it would be 256x2 and 512x1.

I'm sure your system would benefit from having double the memory, just as long as they are the same make, manufacturer etc. Also, check they are both the same speed (i.e. DDR values and PC values must be the same for you to get maximum performance out of the extra RAM).

The way to look at it is if you have a 512Mb stick of RAM running at DDR333 (PC2700), and another running at DDR400 (PC3200), then the faster stick will underclock to the slowest stick of RAM in your system. This is imperative if your buyng more than one stick of RAM, but if you have one stick lying around, then use it by all means. You just might not reap the full benefit of the new stick of RAM if it is faster.

Hope that helps :)

Yea there same DRR and PC but not the same make ill put it in later tonight and see how it works.

Osak said:
Yea there same DRR and PC but not the same make ill put it in later tonight and see how it works.

Awesome! Tell me how it ges on total performance on your PC if you don't mind. I'm also curious as to how it will affect your benchmark scores. Can you run any 3DMarks or AquaMark before you install the extra RAM, and then run it after to see how much it affects your score?

Back
Top Bottom