Black screen at start up?

Laxgoalie1

In Runtime
Whenever I start up my pc just before it ask you which user to log in as....the screen turns black for about 2min. The hardive isnt doing anything(theres a flashing light when its working) and its sometimes annoying. Anyone know why?

check to see if you have any hardware or driver conflicts, that can contribute to a slow start up.

I just built it so its always been like that...I dont think its slow either because once I get to the desktop screen it doesnt even have to load.

mine is black for 30 sec durin boot ... but my mates comps have XP is loading and a wee bar thing

hmm mines not black for that long maybe 3-5 secs...

*EDIT* Count how long it take for your whole system to boot up and post back.

My blank screen is blank for exactly 6 seconds, The entire startup takes 3 minutes and 17 seconds

You might have a hard drive conflict that it has to resolve. Is everything set to where the hard ware decides, or do you have them set to master and slave?

Hmm that doesnt sound right mine takes 10sec to boot up not even that i dont think....i have a seatgate 80gig 7200rpm Serial ATA....maybe mine is just fast I dont know but 3 minutes??

Back
Top Bottom