fx or x2?

killzoneman0

In Runtime
i am planning on getting a new amd processor. i have an amd athlon 64 3500+ now but i am planning on upgrading to either the x2 or fx. which one would be better for gaming and making games? also multitasking.

Definately the X2. And IMO get the 3800+ one. Under $400 and u can oc it to heaven and above.

Hi killzoneman0! I am starting a computer games programming degree in 2 weeks time at University, and I've done quite extensive research into what spec I should get, and well X2 is deffinitely the way to go. I mean you said that you want it to run games, and just think of it this way:

You get an X2, and when you're playing a game, one processor looks after all of the windows applications and processes in the background, leaving you with a whole processor to run the game. Now many people will disagree with me and say the FX series runs games better, and it probably does. If you team up an X2 or an FX with a decent graphics card (like a 7800 GTX), you will hardly see the difference between the two. Also, you can always overclock your system to be better than the FX in the long run. But when your thinking about spending so much money on a new system you need it to be as future-proof as possible, and so dual core is the only way to go!

go with the X2 they out preforme the fx like crazy plus they're cheaper as well.

Chris

The FX is suppose to be the best (still) for gaming while the X2 can do gaming (other reviews show that it doesn't do as well as the FX can handle it-but still good) and multitasking.

I would say for your needs, an X2 is the best you can get because you want the best of both worlds, gaming and multitask.

just wait for the M2 socket, DDR2 and 1000 something pins. Plus Rev.F cpus.

No, when it comes to games, the fx is the way to go. The single core handles the process better (for now) and only in mulitasking do the dual cores come out in full performance. I've seen benchmark's and the monarch nemesis out-performed the dual core x2 4800+ in certain programs, almost all the games, but when it came to dvd shrink, encoder, etc., the x2 was the bomb. So yeah, it's the fx for games and x2's for everything else... lol... so just go with the x2. It'll be good enough... :D

Back
Top Bottom