Is it just me

I'd appreciate the *they* comments about the U.S. to stop... This pronoun should be replaced with the noun Bush and his damn administration. I'm from the U.S. and i'm tired of this bs... I also recently heard he was going to use our reserve oil(for times we may need desperatly in a war). THIS is crossing the line... no president in US history is as bad as he. President Bush makes Clinton look like an angel IMO.

You know what, it just may seem that every other country is giving the USA B.S. because they have a huge military power (which they do non the less) but if you look at it this way, with you saying that your getting all this BS which may or may not be true, wouldn't that be somewhat stuck up and self centered itself say that everybody else hates us because we're powerful and better then them? and saying that it's all not true. You know what you need todo SHOW us what we don't expect from Americans but with so many disputes between Canada and America which most people don't know about how are we supose to respect America and how is America suppose to respect Canada? it's really an endless cycle because they hear we hate them and we hear they hate us, then they say they dont,we think they're lieing and blah blah blah it goes on and on. But one this I would like to say, Don't ever say Canada doesn't do anything we suply more then 2 billion dollers in lumer to America for building houses, we suply meat to America for food, so you can't say we're stuck up either. But what I don't like is that we're supplying America with so much lumber and we change some stuff in our lumber laws and policys and the US doesn't agree, thats a sign of stuck up ness, it tells me that they can just say no and expect it to go their way.

Chris

It's Sunday morning and you know how there's a lot of political shows airing in the early mornings. I spend a couple hours channel surfing local network on how each view the Katrina disaster.

All the stations have panels saying that it's the federal administrations fault for being dumbwitted again. It happened in 911 in New York (where they did see the airplane going off course, but took no action), and it's happening here again where federal aid is tremendously delayed because of inaccurate information and according to some political views, racial discrimination. Betwen 48-96 hours after Katrina subsided, there had been no relief effort, no action taken to the vast effect of the hurricane, and no outside help. Finally, about a week later, aid comes. Already, so many people have suffered in the millions.

Now, Fox News, ABC's "This Week", NBC's "Meet the Press" say that death count could be in the 10,000's once the water is completely cleared out. They also say that we are diverting so much funding in the Iraq war that we simply don't have enough to help our local devastation. The $14billion proposal to aid in the relief of New Orleans is at a standstill right now due to that reason. I mean, isn't this much worse than the fate of Iraq?

Being an American citizen here in the USA, I feel for the people down there but at the same time soooo frustrated with how George Bush is running things. The Bush administration dissapoint me terribly and why in the world didn't FEMA intervene sooner?

What a mess.

I find that just plain stupidity, saying that they're putting more money into a war that nobody see's a point to anymore, plus they won't help they're own people? what type of a free country lets they're own people die because they're spending they're money on something else... give me brake, thats totaly blood boiling. So they'll stand back and let thousands of they're own peopel die because they would like to win a "War?" which that have supreme power in. Makes no sense what so ever.

It IS a total mess TRDCorolla.

Chris

Exactly. Everyone at my work is saying the same thing. Most of our spendings and resources are diverted to Iraq when here in the US, we are struggling. Especially in the wake of this disaster. In terms of damage and cost of life, this is by far the worse disaster in the history of the US (not including the wars), and this is happening on our mainland!!!!

Yes, it does make me extremly mad.. it just shows how much the US goverment cares about they're people, and how much they care about Money.

Chris

Yup, gas and electricity is also expected to go way up because of all the refineries in New Orleans (mainly gas).

Here in california, it use to be a nice $1.60 per gallon. Now, it is up to $3.30 a gallon and rising!! That's a huge spike compared to what we had before, but it was a gradual spike though.

David Lindon said:
I pay $5 / gallon :)

and my parents pay about $1.29 a liter in Canadian which would be about: 4.93 a gallon in USD funds.. and it seems like it's gonna keep going up :(

Chris

For the guy that said that they arent using the strategic oil reserves idk where you got that but they have been opened for a few days right now. Also its not Bush that let us down its FEMA. They were charged with helping people yet they waited so long to do anything. FEMA wouldnt acknowledge the convention center until they sent someone there which happened 2 days after the hurricane. When Bush truly grasped the magnitude of the problem things started to get moving, troops got in, people are getting out. Its not bushes fault. before you point the finger make sure your pointing at the right person. Do you really think bush is sitting in the office saying, "Dont go into New orleans cause im evil and I want to make them die" Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom